Home / Faqs
Do I need a visa or a passport to travel?
You need a valid passport for travel outside of the United States. Visa requirements vary by destination, check here for the most up-to-date information.
Can I customise the advertised tours ?
Yes, our travel consultants are happy to personalise the tour to your specific requirements.
When do I pay for my trip?
We will require a deposit of 25% (minimum $1000) to confirm your trip at time of booking with the final balance due 90 days prior to departure.
Are my advance payments safe with you?
Your funds are securely protected in our Trust Account in accordance with our Seller of Travel License ( # 2114763-40) and additionally, California residents are also protected by our participation in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation.
Will I receive a booking confirmation?
Yes, you will receive an email confirming your booking with itinerary details, upon receipt of your booking deposit.
When will I receive my final travel documents?
You will receive your final travel documents by e-mail after your trip is fully paid. They will typically reach you at 30 days prior to travel.
Can I cancel my trip after booking?
Finest Journeys offers the National Tour Association Travel Protection Plan to safeguard your vacation payment in the event of cancellation. The applicable Travel Protection Plan will be applied at time of booking if you choose to purchase. Click here for details
Do I need an international driving permit to drive a car overseas?
There are some countries that will honor a valid U.S.-issued driver’s license, however there are others that will also require an International Driving Permit (IDP). You can apply for an IDP at your local American Automobile Association (AAA) office or via their website, at www.aaa.com/vacation/idpf.html. You can check the embassy of the country you plan to visit, for specific requirements: www.usembassy.gov. Keep in mind, however, that while a specific country’s government may not require an IDP, certain car rental companies located in that country, such as Hertz, may still require one. For more information on driving abroad, please visit the following US State Department site: travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/go/safety/driving.html.
What are the age requirements for renting a car in Europe?
Minimum and maximum age limits for renting a car vary by country, type of car, and rental company. In most countries, the minimum age is 25 and many do not allow rentals, or may impose supplements for drivers aged 70 and older; for specific details, please inquire at the time of booking.
Does my credit card or personal auto insurance cover car rental insurance?
It is the renter's responsibility to find out if he or she has coverage in the location(s) they are traveling to, and what the coverage includes and excludes. If you choose to waive the coverage, please be aware that in Ireland and in some other countries, you will be responsible to the car company for damage or loss up to the full value of the car, and it will then be your responsibility to work out the reimbursement directly with your credit card or personal insurance provider.
Should I purchase car rental insurance?
It’s highly recommended that you protect yourself in the event of auto collision, theft or fire. Finest Journeys rental providers offer insurance in the form of a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) at the time pick up. If you choose to waive the CDW, the car rental agency may hold a deposit estimated at the value of the car and require that you sign an acceptance of liability form upon renting the car. In all other destinations, basic CDW and other coverage may be included in the rate. Please inquire at the time of rental.
Should I get local currency before leaving the U.S.?
We recommend that its best value to exchange currency once you arrive at your destination. The airport will have currency exchange and ATM machines where you can withdraw what you need upon arrival. We recommend using ATM machine positioned at bank premises for best value and security.
Can I use my ATM card abroad?
Yes, that is the easiest way to obtain local currency when traveling but you may need to inform your bank that you are traveling and will be withdrawing funds from your destination.
If you are purchasing a package with a child under the age of 13, please call our travel consultants on 800 227 1393
Our Travel Consultants are here to help you
Need Finest Help?
Call me with any questions you have about travel.
800 227 1393
Email Query
Need Online Help?
Click here
Why Book With Finest Journeys?
  100% Financial Protection
  Advance payments held in trust account with seller of travel license #2114763-40
  Specialists for authentic experience luxury tours in Europe
  Tours crafted - by in-country travel experts with - the Finest local character hotels, Authentic local experiences and iconic sightseeing
  Customer support
  Our in-country teams are there to help you with your Finest Journey from start to finish.

Get in Touch

3422 Old Capitol Trail #755 Wilmington
DE 19808 (USA)

Tel: 1-800-227-1393


Europe Representative Office
International house
28 Sansome Walk
Worcester WR1 1YD (UK)

Tel: +44 203 857 8817

Need Finest Help?

We are happy to help you!